Chocolate Chip Cookies…
This is an old recipe, but still a favorite recipe that kids love! Mix it up a bit and use different flavored chips. Example: instead of chocolate use half peanut butter chips and half chocolate chips. Yummy!
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in small bowl
- In another bowl, cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar till soft and smooth
- Add eggs and vanilla to butter and sugar mixture
- Then gradually add in flour mixture
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Drop by rounded teaspoon fulls onto ungreased baking sheet. For better results use parchment paper.
- Bake for 8 – 11 minutes till lightly golden. Do not over bake. Cooking time will vary depending upon your oven settings.